Meet your new phone - the iPhone 3G! It comes packed with its own distinctive characteristics like a sleek design, radiant display and the modern touch screen interface. Your iPhone will stand out smartly amongst the group of other smartphones due to its smooth and button less design which looks beautiful and desirable.
Before moving on to iPhone features, let us talk a bit about 3G. 3G stands for "Third Generation" as it offers its users huge flexibility and allows users to be constantly online in order to exchange vast amounts of information. If this sounds very technical to you, in simple language, 3G helps you to watch a movie or play an online game on your mobile phone screen...literally at your fingertips!
Here is how you can make the most of your iPhone:
1) Use the multi-touch technology that allows you to control the screen's display, since it depends upon the movement of your fingers. While viewing a photograph, you can move your fingers outward to zoom out and vice versa. Similarly, while using the browser, you can go through the web page by moving your finger or double tap (just like a double click) to zoom in. The screen offers much more "finger" room as against other competitors!
2) Click photos using a 2 MP camera. Email them, upload them or make iPhone display them when you friend calls you! Zoom into any photo using the cool Touch-based interface for a closer look. Watch slide-shows or best, use them on your iPhone as wallpapers. So now you can capture your sweet memories in style.
3) An excellent browsing speed helps you navigate through websites at the tap of your finger. This is truly useful nowadays when there is lot of graphic content to be downloaded, like for instance wallpapers or photographs to be sent across to your friends and family.
4) Landscape or Portrait? The choice is yours. With a motion sensor installed in the iPhone, you can automatically switch over to a Landscape orientation from a Portrait when you flip the phone on its side. This comes in handy when you are using the Internet browser or music/video player. Whenever you hold the phone to your ear to make or receive a call, another sensor steps in and switches off the display automatically.
5) The ultimate 'App Store': You can search and download the software of your choice the App Store, or simply buy it online by means of your Wi-Fi or cellular data network connection. Write about your favorite apps or look out for a review of an app you wish to install. Next thing you can do is downloading it and install the software on your iPhone...and you are ready to go! This is a truly pleasant experience. It has the potential to install third party software or 'apps' which can give you numerous added functionalities. These 'apps' help you view pod casts, listen to audio books and your favorite music, all in one iPhone! What else can you ask for?
6) Think about the times when you forgot your spouse's birthday. Not now!! The new iPhone supports the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync which helps you to access important emails, appointments and contact details too. You can set reminders for important events and appointments, may be personal or business related.
7) Music on your iPhone: Browse through the iTunes online music store for new releases, albums, favorite songs and more. If you like a song that you just heard, search for it online and buy it immediately. Then you are free to set it as your ringtone or just enjoy listening to it at leisure.
Maintenance of your iPhone 3G:
The iPhone 3G is easy to maintain. The Battery has to be taken care of, which can be done if you follow certain guidelines. Use your common sense and ensure that you do not exploit the battery unless required. You should enable certain features only if necessary, otherwise they may consume the battery energy faster.